This write up is for installing 99-00 foglights on a 98+ integra. Want oem fitment and an almost hassle free install? Then stop reading and go buy some oem fogs. If you want a cheap alternative to the oem fogs but still want the look, then keep reading. The civic fogs are identical to the integra foglights. the only difference is the bracket that holds it. Ive been looking for these so called DIY ek fog threads and came up with nothing. Tired of waiting for someone to write one, i just bought them myself. This project is alot easier then i thought it would be. lets get started
Things you need:
99-00 civic foglights
dremel or something to cut metal
something to cut the bumper with
1. first, we must remove the foglight from the bracket, so unscrew the aiming bolt and the 5 screws in the back. YOu should end up with something like this.
2. take the bracket and cut the parts highlighted in the
3. set the brackets aside, its time to cut the bumper. look at the picture below as a reference.
Cut out the middle while leaving the parts highlighted untouched. Also, do not cut the turn signal mounting points. Now take the bracket and stick it into the new opening you just made. Line up the small hole you previously drilled in the bracket with the one in the bumper. Now bolt them together. Let the other side of the bracket rest on the two big squares. The stock foglight mounting locations are no use to us since the bracket is too short. To compensate, you have to drill new holes for the bracket to connect. FInd a spot on each of the big squares that pass through the bumper and bracket and drill a hole. One on top, and one on bottom. while the brackets are up against the two big squares, mark where the two holes are. Remove the bracket from the bumper. Your bumper should look like this
4. now drill two holes into the bracket where you marked it. Dont mind the connect foglight
5. Lay down the brackets on some carboard and spray some flat black paint on them to prevent rust.
6. Once dry, reconnect the foglight to the bracket and shove the whole assembly back onto the bumper. Secure the bracket with the 3 mounting spots.
just a warning, there is a very tight squeeze between the foglight bracket and the turn signal bracket
and we are done
This job will take you about a day; less if you have the right tools. For me, cutting the bumper was the hardest part. I hope you found this helpful